Let me explain, we still have the gene that makes the L-gulonolactone oxidase enzyme that converts glucose to vitamin C but it’s non-functional. All the creatures that create their own Vitamin C, when they are sick can greatly increase their liver’s or their kidney’s production of vitamin C to combat the infections. We cannot do this, so we take a pill to feel better.
Thinking of Vitamin C as a Vitamin…makes you think you only need a small dose… but you need to change your viewpoint.
- Your body uses large amounts of vitamin C to combat infections, colds, and disease.
- You need to give your body high amounts of lyposomal Vitamin C to help your body fight disease and degeneration (aging of your brain and tissues) – (More on this in a coming article).
- Vitamin C is also used by your body in all kinds of healing situations such as preventing cancer, healing wounds, stopping skin eruptions and more…
Learn more in this article:
Vitamin C Functions in the Body:
- Repair and maintain teeth and bones
- Promotes wound healing
- Slow and prevent cell damage
- Maintain healthy body tissues
- Boosts immune system
- Helps absorb iron from plant foods
- Decreases severity and duration of colds
- Blocks free radical damage
- High levels of vitamin C suppress your body’s release of cortisone. Cortisone is a hormone released from your body whenever you are under stress. Cortisone ultimately decreases your testosterone levels and throws your body into a catabolic state (your body begins using your muscle for fuel).
- Builds collagen needed to bind bones, joints, tendons, and ligaments together
- It plays an important role in brain function by participating in the synthesis of norepinephrine, a neurotransmitter.
- Vitamin C and Vitamin B5 are the main ingredients of cortisone and adrenaline production, and also depress histamine and allergic reactions. For these reasons Vitamin C helps control asthma and hay fever, and helps with stress.
Key signs of deficiency:
- Easy bruising
- Rough, dry, scaly skin
- Slow healing
- Bleeding gums
- Dry and splitting hair
- Weakened immune system
SUGAR is an issue……
Vitamin C uses the same receptors as glucose to enter the cell membrane. So if you have eaten a lot of simple sugars, as in cookies, candies, pastries and sweetened drinks less Vitamin C can be absorbed because the receptors are already in use.
Complex carbohydrates, vegetables and grains release glucose more slowly so there is less competition for receptors sites.
Consuming enough vitamin C and antioxidant-rich foods make it virtually impossible for your body to experience cellular inflammation. And, remember, inflammation is an essential component to just about every chronic, degenerative disease – including cancer. You can read more on this by clicking the link below. Also sign up for our email to get notification of upcoming research articles on this and other topics.
Cauliflower Moment: I assumed our bodies made Vitamin C….but, humans, primates, or guinea pigs no longer have that ability